Seasonal – Part Time
The position of the Dispatch Agent is based on providing information and support to our passengers and the Victoria Harbour Ferry Team. The Dispatch Agent will manage the dispatch answering system and coordinate with the Watch Leaders and Captains on duty, to service our passengers upon request.
As a part of the VHFC team, you will work directly with administrative personnel, watch leaders, captains and sales staff to provide an exceptional customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Dispatch Agent, you will be required to:
- Provide a high standard of customer care to our passengers and work cooperatively with the VHFC team, to provide service upon request
- Manage VHFC’s dispatch answering system and transmit information to the necessary parties
Work to ensure all required equipment and supplies are available and in working order in the Captain’s Cabin
- Provide fare and route information to our passengers and potential passengers on a repetitive basis
- Work with the Watch Leaders and Captains to ensure the coordination of the passengers who are waiting on VHFC’s docks
- Works in unison with the VHFC team to provide consistent safety on the dock
- Provide the Watch Leader with notice of incidents or situations that can impact safety or compromise our high level of customer care
- Review all corporate communication on a continuous basis through the VHFC Intranet
- Once trained by VHFC, the Dispatch Agent must remain familiar with all VHFC processes and procedures, products, services and sales information (Accessible on VHFC Intranet)
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent;
A minimum of 2 (two) years of previous experience in a customer service role
- Attention to detail — This job requires that you pay attention to your customer’s needs and to the tasks at hand
- Dependability — Capable of working independently or as a part of a team
- Stress Tolerance — This role occurs in a fast-paced environment. You may encounter high stress situations and may be required to make decisions instantly
- Positive Attitude — Job requires the ability to work well with others, the display of a good-nature, cooperative attitude
- Communication — Job requires the use of a personal email address for receiving corporate correspondence. The agent will also be required to visit the company’s intranet site to learn more about what is occurring within the company and the working environment (harbour)
Working as a team to keep line ups moving consistently
The position pays $16.00 per hour (regular shifts and other duties). There is no overtime allowance other than Stat Pay. Holiday pay is paid with each pay period.
Dispatch Agents are required to work day shifts and afternoon shifts (usually 9 AM to 3 PM and 3 PM to 9 PM). Work days are Monday to Sunday (7 days a week).
Regularly scheduled shifts are 4 days on and 4 days off of day shift followed by 4 days on and 4 days off of afternoon shifts.
All Dispatch Agents are asked to not take holidays off during the months of June, July and August.
If you're interested in this position, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your resume using the form below and we'll be in touch!