CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR)
Seasonal – Part Time
The position of the Customer Service Representative (CSR) consists of providing direct sales for Victoria Harbour Ferry passengers. In addition, the position calls for assistance with boarding and deboarding of passengers from Harbour Ferry vessels.
This role is a “first impression” role. The CSR member is often the first contact that a passenger has with Victoria Harbour Ferry. The first impression must always be the “first/best” impression of the company. The position requires a dedicated, loyal and self-motivated individual.
This position will be stationed at our Empress Dock and Fisherman’s Wharf sales kiosks. As a part of the VHFC team, you will work directly with administrative personnel, watch leaders and captains to provide an exceptional customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be required to:
- Provide a high standard of customer care to our passengers and work cooperatively with the VHFC team, to optimize our customer’s experience
- Describe our products and services to prospective passengers on a repetitive basis
- Distribute VHFC material (ie. brochures, Pickle Pub Crawl Passports/T-shirts, maps)
- Work to ensure all required equipment and supplies are available and in working order at the sales kiosk
- Provide fare and route information to our passengers and potential passengers on a repetitive basis
- Work with the Watch Leaders and Captains to ensure the coordination of passengers
- Works in unison to provide consistent safety on the dock
- Provide the Watch Leader with notice of incidents or situations that can impact safety or compromise our high level of customer care
- Review all corporate communication on a continuous basis through the VHFC Intranet
- Once trained by VHFC, the Customer Service Representatives must remain familiar with all VHFC processes and procedures, products, services and sales information
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 (two) years of previous experience in a customer service role
- Attention to detail — This job requires that you pay attention to your customer’s needs and to the tasks at hand
- Dependability — Capable of working independently or as a part of a team
- Stress Tolerance — This role occurs in a fast-paced environment. You may encounter high stress situations and be required to make decisions instantly
- Positive Attitude — Job requires the ability to work well with others, the display of a good-nature, cooperative attitude
- Communication — Job requires the use of a personal email address for receiving corporate correspondence. The CSR will also be required to visit the company’s intranet site to learn more about what is occurring within the company and the working environment (harbour)
- Working Conditions – You will be required to work outdoors while standing for long periods of time in varying weather conditions
- Working as a team to keep line ups moving consistently
The position pays $16.00 per hour (regular shifts and other duties). There is no overtime allowance other than Stat Pay. Holiday pay is paid with each pay period.
CSR’s are required to work day shift and afternoon shifts (usually 9AM to 3PM and 3PM to 9PM). Work days are Monday to Sunday (7 days a week).
Regularly scheduled shifts are 4 days on and 4 days off of day shift followed by 4 days on and 4 days off of afternoon shifts.
All CSR’s are asked to not take holidays off during the months of June, July and August.
Company uniforms are provided for this position
If you're interested in this position, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your resume using the form below and we'll be in touch!